Utah Community Action
$0 of $10,000 raised
About Utah Community Action Founded in 1965, Utah Community Action (UCA) is a nationally recognized provider of comprehensive services for income-eligible families. Our six core programs—Head Start, Adult Education, Case Management & Housing, Nutrition, HEAT, and Weatherization—address barriers to self-reliance to empower individuals, strengthen families, and build communities.
Our Impact To address and prevent intergenerational poverty, Utah Community Actions provides a family system approach, where holistic needs are evaluated and addressed. Services integrate in a way that assists the entire family, and not just the individual. By looking at holistic rather than narrow needs, as an agency, we can address the several issues facing at-risk clients simultaneously and build greater self-reliance. In 2020 with the support of the community, donors, and partners, together we:
- Provided safe shelter diversion services to 365 families.
- Distributed over $5 million in rental assistance to stabilize households.
- Provided 11,000 households with emergency food boxes.
- Served over 100 households with emergency weatherization assistance.
- Supported over 13,000 households with utility assistance.
- Provided on-site learning to over 800 children and over 1,000 Head Start children with virtual learning opportunities.